Terms & Conditions
- Listed below are the terms and conditions of use for this web site (the “Site”). By using, accessing, and/or viewing information on the Site, you and any entity that you represent or are acting on behalf of (“You” or “you”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use. If you violate these terms and conditions, we will have the right to terminate your use of the Site and/or take appropriate legal actions against you. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting updated terms and conditions on the Site. You understand and agree that its use of this website is a benefit voluntarily given by Detroit Broomball Club Incorporated (DBC) and that DBC may withdraw that benefit and rescind your participation at any time for any reason in its sole discretion. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of use you cannot use this Site or the services and information offered herein. If you have questions or concerns regarding the use of this Site, please contact us at [email protected].
- PERMITTED USE.
You may use the search engine services and content of the Site for your personal, non-commercial purposes. You may access, view, and make copies of information on the Site for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not use the Site for commercial or non-personal activities including, but not limited to, directly or indirectly selling a product or service, advertising or directing activity to other websites, etc. without our express written consent.
The Site and its content are the property of DBC unless otherwise noted. You do not acquire or have any ownership, license, or other proprietary interest in the Site or the information contained therein. You understand and agree that the Site and its contents may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, and other proprietary rights and laws and you cannot use any protected material without the express written consent of the owner of such material, except as permitted by applicable law.
- LINKS & ADVERTISEMENTS.
The Site may include links to other websites and advertisements by third parties. You acknowledge that these links and advertisements are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by DBC of the contents of those other websites or the advertisers. Neither DBC nor its third-party providers are responsible for or will have any liability concerning any information contained in or accessible from any websites that you may access as a result of such links and advertisements including any objectionable or offensive content.
- ADVERTISERS/VENDORS/SERVICE PROVIDERS.
The Site may contain advertising and sponsorship by third parties. Third-party advertisers and sponsors are solely responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on the Site are accurate and comply with applicable laws. DBC will not be responsible for the illegality of any errors, omissions, or accuracies in any advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials.
You understand and agree that to provide for the use of this Site, DBC contracts with certain vendors and service providers, which may certain rights, limitations of warranties, and limitations of liability in those contracts. You understand and agree that it is not a third-party beneficiary under any such agreements, that it has no rights whatsoever under such agreements, and that it has no contractual or other relationship with any advertiser, business affiliate, vendor, service provider, entities involved with linked websites, or any other third party (“Third Parties”) because of the use of information provided on this Site or any agreement relating to the Site. To the extent that you have any such rights or claims by operation of law or otherwise pursuant to the use of this Site, you hereby waive all rights and claims whatsoever against those Third Parties whether resulting from the exercise of any right by such Third Parties pursuant to such agreements, any error or omission in the services provided, not provided, withdrawn or terminated, or the use of this Site.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
You are provided with access to the Site without charge. DBC assumes no responsibility for, and shall not be liable for, any damages or expenses you may incur as a result of any inaccuracy, incompleteness, or obsolescence of any information contained in the Site, linked websites, or advertisements. Without limiting the generality of the preceding sentence, you agree that DBC will not be liable to you or any other party for any direct or indirect damages, or for any special, exemplary, punitive, incidental, consequential, or other damages (including, but not limited to, lost profits or lost time), whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, which arise out of or are in any way connected with any access to the Site or any viewing or use of any information on the Site. You acknowledge that the limitations in this Section are reasonable and appropriate. THE SERVICES OF THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. DBC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION IN THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHERWISE ARISING BY LAW OR STATUTE. WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING ANY INFORMATION OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SITE OR LINKS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
We have designed and will use commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the Site free of viruses and other harmful components. However, as the Site is accessible by third parties, we cannot assume any responsibility for any viruses or other harmful components that may affect your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, viewing of, or downloading any information from the Site. We do not warrant that the Site, its servers, or any information downloaded from the Site are free from viruses or other harmful components.
- UNAUTHORIZED USE/NO INTERFERENCE.
You agree that you will not use or attempt to use any method, device, software, or routine to harm others or interfere with the functioning of the Site or use and/or monitor any information in or related to the Site for any unauthorized purpose. Specifically, each user of this Site, whether authorized or unauthorized, agrees that it will not, and will not permit any of its employees, agents, and any other third party to do any of the following:
- Provide any unauthorized third party with access to this Site or its content, whether by sharing your Log-In ID or passwords or by other means;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any data or content on the Site as to which you do not possess the patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, license, or other rights to do so;
- Violate any applicable laws and regulations, whether federal, state, local, foreign or international, applicable to the Site, its content, or your use of either, including without limitation U.S. export and re-export control laws and regulations, and you will not otherwise engage in any illegal, manipulative or misleading activity through the use of this Site or its content;
- Upload, post, email, transmit, link to, or otherwise make available any content on the Site that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Attempt to use this Site or its content to harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or legal entity;
- Manipulate, alter, forge, or otherwise modify identifiers in a manner which may hide or disguise the origin of any content which you post, upload, or otherwise provide to the Site;
- Upload, post, email, transmit, link to, or otherwise make available any content on the Site that infringes any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any person or legal entity;
- Upload, post, email, transmit, link to, or otherwise make available any content on the Site that contains any virus, computer code, file, or other material which has as its intended purpose, the interruption, destruction, or loss of functionality of any computer software, data, hardware, telecommunications equipment, or communications ability;
- Attempt to gain access to confidential information to which you are not entitled;
- Modify, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile or hack into any of the software applications or related tools or utilities used by this Site;
- Alter or delete information not provided by you, or interfere with the operation of this Site including, but not limited to, by the distribution of unsolicited advertising or mail messages or propagation of worms, viruses, and the like.
You agree to indemnify and to hold DBC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employers, and other agents, harmless from and against any loss, liability, damage, or expense (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of your use of the Site, including, without limitation, any violations by you of the terms and conditions for your use of the Site.
Without limiting its other remedies, DBC may immediately discontinue, suspend, terminate or block your and any user’s access to this Site at any time at its sole discretion. DBC may amend or modify these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will become effective immediately upon the date they are first posted to this Site. You agree to be bound by these revised terms and conditions. It is your responsibility to return to this page from time to time to review the most current terms and conditions. DBC does not assume any obligation to notify you of changes to these terms and conditions.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION.
These terms and conditions and your access to and use of information from the Site are governed by the laws of the State of Maryland. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation or compliance with these terms and conditions, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Oakland County, Michigan.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT.
These terms and conditions of use for this website constitute the entire agreement between you and DBC regarding your access to the Site and your reproduction and use of any information on the Site. Any waiver of any term or condition shall not be effective unless in a written document signed by an authorized representative of DBC.
By providing your email and mailing address, phone number, or any other contact information to us, you understand and agree that we may send communications to you. If you are no longer interested in receiving communications from us, you have several choices for opting out of future communications.
You may opt-out of our communications by using the opt-out link in our emails, or you may send an email to [email protected] and type “Unsubscribe” in the subject line.
We understand the importance of protecting a child’s privacy in an online environment. This site is not designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger. Therefore, it is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- PERMITTED USE.
- CONTACT US.
If you have any concerns or questions about these Terms and Conditions or any other aspect of the Site and its use, please contact us at [email protected].